For this week’s Find It Friday post, we were asked a question about pinterest from Racquele: Should I set up a specific board for each of my Pinterest categories (e.g. ‘My tutorials’ and ‘My Fabric Boxes’). Am I being dishonest if I pin my products amongst other pictures in more general boards as people wouldn’t know some of the items are mine?
Tips For Your Pinterest Boards
- Try to ensure that each board name contains a popular keyword that people may search for. For example, ‘my fabric boxes’ is fine as other pinners may be looking for ‘fabric’, ‘boxes’, or ‘fabric boxes’ and your board and pins should then show up in searches. ’My tutorials’ is too vague – you need to explain what the tutorials are about e.g. ‘My Sewing Tutorials’. ‘Sewing’ may also be a popular search term which would lead to your products being found and repinned.
- Set up as many boards as are appropriate but ensure that you have a number of pins in each one. Don’t have boards that are empty.
- See if some of the most popular board names would fit your boards. For example, according to the infographic we posted yesterday, two of the most popular board names are ‘For the Home’ and ‘Products I Love’.
- Remember to re-arrange your boards for variety and don’t forget to move those out-of-season boards to the bottom of the page. See ‘How to Re-arrange your Pinterest Boards‘.
- Pinterest has many benefits for your business from increasing brand awareness to significant SEO advantages. With many people spending more time on Pinterest than any of the other social media platforms, it is certainly worth spending time on getting it right and maximising the benefits for your business. Pinterest traffic to my online shop surpassed that of Facebook for the first time this month – time will tell if sales from Pinterest surpass those from Facebook.
Are you being dishonest by mixing your own products with others?
Would you like to attend a course on pinterest?
We will be putting in tenders to teach courses on pinterest and are hoping to gauge interest for same by posting a poll on our facebook page. We are also wondering if people would be interested in attending a webinar taught by Marie and I. We’d really appreciate if you could answer the questions on our poll or leave any comments in the box below.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend and that the sun shines