Have you converted your pinterest account to a business account yet? No? What is stopping you? Today I’m going to show you how easy it is and why you should convert it – right now!
I’d delayed converting my pinterest account as to be honest, it is a mix of both businesses (Garrendenny Lane online interiors and Write on Track) not to mention all my personal interest. Garrendenny Lane is closing down so I thought I’d delay converting it until I had deleted some of the boards and tidied it up. However, the business pinterest accounts have functionality that does not seem to be available to the personal accounts and I’d imagine Pinterest will be rolling out more functionality over the coming months too.
Visit the Pinterest business page and just click to convert your account (or open a business account). It takes seconds to convert it. I kept the name of my account as ‘Lorna Sixsmith’ as more people know me as such than my business name.
What extra functionality is available?
1. Rather than just having the ‘Follow me on Pinterest’ button in your sidebar, you can now personalise it. I’ve just created mine which shows the little Pinterest logo and my name. Marie can create one for her business account too and both buttons can be available in our sidebar for others to see and follow our separate accounts.
2. You can also add a ‘Board Widget’ or a ‘Profile Widget’ to your sidebar too. Both will display up to 30 pins depending on the space available. I opted for the board widget for now. This should encourage more follows as people have the opportunity for a glimpse at your pins which should entice them to follow you.
How do you set these up?
1. Paste your unique pinterest user url into the box, write what you wish to be visible in the ‘follow’ widget and click preview.
2. Then, copy the code provided in the box and paste it into a text box (widget) into your blog sidebar.
3. It’s a similar process for the board or profile widgets. You can preview the widgets too.
Look over to our sidebar on the right hand side and you’ll see both widgets. Pinterest make it very easy so go on, create your business account todayand avail of the extra functionality that will be made available.
Why not connect with us on Pinterest too and do let us know if you have any questions ….