Did you know that you can select the image for the dominant space on your pinterest boards? You might be asking why would you want to do that when it already shows your most recent image?
Well, as you can see in the screengrab below, that doesn’t necessarily show off your board or your pin to its best advantage.
The ‘Boy’s Bedroom’ board shows a guitar cushion as its main image but as it only displays part of the picture, it really isn’t possible to see what it is. It would be more appropriate to display a picture that makes it clear it is a product for a boy’s bedroom or show an image of a boy’s bedroom. I’ve chosen to select an image of dinosaur wall stickers (see below) as this is a product I stock and it clearly shows it is a bedroom for a young boy.
As you can see from all the boards above, none of them are shown off to their best advantage and not only does this affect the repinning statistics by potential new followers but it can also affect their decision regarding whether to follow you or your individual boards. All the ‘bookcases’ board needed was a re-alignment of the photograph.
How to set a photograph for your board cover:
- Select the ‘boards’ option in the drop down mention under your name (top right hand corner).
- Hover the mouse over the board and ‘edit board cover’ pops up.
- Click on it and a box will open showing the current photo that is in the board cover (usually your most recent pin unless you have pre-set your board covers)
- You can then scroll across until you find the image you like, you can adjust it and then click ‘Set cover’
- As you can see from the screengrab above, the photographs have been adjusted so that the ‘best’ part of the pin is on display.
Just as we recommend you to move your boards around occasionally, we also recommend that you set your board covers and change them periodically.
I am speaking on the topic of ‘Pinterest for Bloggers’ at the KLCK Bloggers Meeting this coming Monday in Kilkenny. More details here if you would like to come along. If you can’t make it in person, do follow the hashtag #klck on twitter from 7:30pm