Only five days left until Valentine’s Day on February 14th and whatever your thoughts may be personally about the day, it is still a marketing opportunity not to be missed on your blog.
While it is easier to incorporate the theme into a lifestyle blog (particularly if you are a foodie blogger), with a little imagination you can find a way of doing it no matter what your blog topic (look at us!).
Can you find a creative way to showcase your product? I love this simple idea from Burberry.
If you don’t have a product to showcase, you can still share some love for your readers on Valentine’s Day.
Here are 8 suggestions for you to try
- Thank your readers and customers for their support
- Add a video to your blog to express your appreciation for them
- Host a Valentine’s Day giveaway on your blog
- Provide your readers with a special Valentine’s Day offer
- Offer a discount
- Share some downloadable resources for free
- Personalize – share a picture of someone or something you love
- Invite your readers to share their own pictures of loved ones
- Encourage a newbie blogger by leaving a comment on their blog
- Share the love – like, tweet and share favourite blogs via social media
- Respond to all your blog comments
- Invite a guest blogger to write a post for you
- Showcase a client, customer or fellow blogger
You get the picture? At the very least an expression of heartfelt appreciation for your readers would be a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day on your blog.
Next week’s #BlogChatIE will fall on Valentine’s Day, so if you are not out celebrating with your sweetheart, then do join us on Twitter 9 pm for a special love themed chat and help us spread some blogger love.
Are you adding a Valentine’s themed post to your blog this week? Even if you aren’t writing about Valentine’s Day, you can still spread the love by liking this post or sharing it for us today – and why not do the same for other blogs. After all, love comes in many guises…