It is ‘Find It Friday’ time again and this week as I was asked for some blog post topic suggestions for an electrical shop, I thought I’d share the thought processes with you as it may help to prevent ‘bloggers block‘ or it may persuade you to grasp the nettle and seize the day by starting your blog with some good content creation ideas.
Image of Henry Hoover from here
As I mentioned in a previous post, you must decide on your aims/goals/objectives for your blog. For example, the aims for an electrical shop might include:
- to increase footfall and sales to the shop (bricks and mortar)
- to increase online sales
- to increase enquiries so the sales team can then convert them into sales
- to demonstrate our expertise
- to showcase new products
- to demonstrate our high levels of customer service
- to improve profile and increase brand awareness.
It is then a good idea to sit down with a couple of people and brainstorm for topic ideas. It is best if these people are a mixture of people in the company and those who might be your typical customer.
Topic Ideas for an Electrical Shop
- Review new products e.g. the latest dyson type product
- Review products that would be good gifts, particularly in the run up to Christmas
- Focus on your different target markets and write accordingly. For example, write a post aimed at a parent buying a first camera for a child and provide information on cameras in three different price brackets. You could also write a more technical post for the target market looking for a good SLR camera.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of particular products, e.g. a bagless vacuum cleaner. Be honest regarding this as customers may leave their own opinion in the comments and they will trust you if you point out any disadvantages too.
- Pay attention to the questions that customers ask and turn them into blog posts. For example, many people may be asking about the Saorview so you could explain the alternatives in a number of blog posts.
- You could ask a complementary business, such as a beautician, to advise on health and beauty products that are for sale in your electrical shop.
- Use celebrities and celebrity magazines. If a celebrity is photographed using or endorsing a particular product, include that photograph in your blog post.
That is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of ideas. A couple of hours in a brainstorming session should provide you with enough topics for your blog for months to come. The next step is to include efficient calls to action that ensure your post deliver on sales and I’ll be writing about that next week.
If you are nervous of starting a blog or are wondering where your next blog post ideas will come from, contact us to avail of an appointment where we can help you to create a strategy for your blog going forward.
Pingback: How to find a hot topic for your blog « Write On Track